Happy Julidays, Day 9!
One of my favorite things about the holiday season is how it’s suddenly socially acceptable to stuff your face with any and every baked good possible. A staple in my household around this time is hot chocolate, it’s my little sister’s favorite drink! To take it to the next level, I made this delicious hot chocolate whipped cream, which would be perfect on any holiday treat this season!
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1/2 cup of hot cocoa mix
- Dash of cinnamon
- Crushed candy canes
- Put the mixing bowl and whisk attachment in the freezer to get them really cold, which will help the cream stiffen up easier
- Wrap a candy cane in parchment paper (this will keep the pieces from getting all over your counter)
- With a rolling pin (or other hard item, like a meat tenderizer), crush the candy into fine pieces
- Put 1 cup of heavy whipping cream into the cold mixing bowl, and mix on high for 2 minutes
- Add cinnamon and hot cocoa powder, and whip on high until stiff peaks are formed
- Top whipped cream with candy cane pieces
- Store remainder in the freezer so you can use it throughout the holidays!